MWW team of M&A and PE/VC practice supports its clients in all of their investment projects; our team prepares drafts of necessary documents for the clients and supports them, or conducts negotiations on behalf of the clients, furthermore our team obtains all legally required consents, conducts due diligence analyses, prepares memoranda, other analyses and desiderata.
In this area, MWW clients comprise the biggest Polish and foreign entrepreneurs. MMW supported its clients in their initiatives in the field of M&A in the regimes of private equity venture capital and regulated markets.
At the request of their clients, MWW lawyers optimise the transaction environment to the intended acquisition or merger, in particular through changes in the organisational frame of companies, transformations, divisions, exclusion of the organised parts of enterprises, assets, transfer of units, securities to entities which have their registered office in countries with optimal taxation of operations on such assets.
Assistance provided by MWW in the area of M&A is comprehensive; the client may expect MWW lawyers to be fully supportive, thereby reducing client’s commitment in transactions to the issue of investment profitability and other issues of economic nature.
Furthermore, our law firm provides legal assistance also on the complicated and complex market of venture capital funds (venture capital).
In the construction of VC funds, our lawyers supported both the investors as well as state organisational units and units related to state government.
VC funds market is complicated and it requires unique experience and legal knowledge. Our lawyers provide investors with legal comfort and the highest standards and the best quality of legal assistance in daily activities of VC investment funds.
The foregoing notwithstanding, MWW also supports private investors in their ongoing transactions with a medium or high level of risk. Such investments show similar dynamics and similar level of complexity to the VC market, though often with different nature of risk (investments in distressed assets instead of the typical VC investments in startups or seedventures).
- supporting the National Capital Fund in organising and conducting two Open Tenders of Offers (MWW conducted legal due diligence of projects to KFK SA and supported KFK SA in the negotiation of contracts on granting financial support for VC funds
- supporting Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego in terms of the support programme for VC projects
- ongoing support in the full scope of investment activity for VC capital fund, co-financed by funds from the Innovative Economy Operational Programme
- disposal of shares or other securities issued by a company in catering industry/ franchisee of an international network (transaction value over PLN 16 million)
- MBO transaction in relation to shares and the acquisition of real estate and the fulfilment of replacement performance for the purpose of debt release (transaction value over PLN 70 million)
- disposal of minority interest and entering into option/investment agreements of a company professionally engaged in medical claims adjustment and in the management of medical assistance (transaction value over PLN 10 million)
- disposal of a block of shares of a company which specialises in the accounting services of investment funds (transaction value over PLN 10 million)